Saturday, June 9, 2012

America the Beautiful


This is my America the Beautiful quilt. I started it about a year ago, for a guild project; it was in McCall's quilting magazine last year as an installment each issue.  I wasn't going to make this quilt, but my friend talked me into.  I started out a couple of issues behind, but got caught up until the 4th part.  It was so hard deciding what fabrics and colors to use for every part, I just put it away.  One of the ladies finished hers, and now I am inspired to finish mine. 

what's left?  The four big, white spaces are two rows of HSTs.  I don't know what colors I want to use.  Also, There are several strips necessary to make everything fit together.  Again, not sure what I should do.  Any suggestions? 

I was hoping to maybe finish up this weekend, but I don't think that is going to happen.  Tomorrow I need to get ready for a machine quilting class on Monday that Paula Reid is teaching.  I'm hoping she can give me some confidence to start quilting my filmsys.  ( Is that a word?)  : )

This is Cissy.  She looks innocent, doesn't she?



This is what she did as she passed by.  Just a little skip!  Well, I better get back to my project, it won't sew itself!  Besides, it's 93 outside, so a good day to be inside at the sewing machine.


3 comments:

  1. OMGosh...your quilt is going to be absolutely beautiful! I love what you've done so far...am sure you remaining choices will be great! Nice to meet Cissy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where it would be hard to pick fabric for those last bits. Something that you could "see" that won't overpower the rest of the quilt. Hmmmm--I'd lean towards soft blues and greens--rather like Goldilocks. "Not too dark and not too light---J U S T R I G H T11" Try laying out some bits in the blank spots and looking at them for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love love love triple love this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete